Monday, September 21, 2026

White House launches 'TRUMP TV' stream following controversial ban of major news outlets - Jonah Davidov, Idan Kweller

 

by Jonah Davidov, Idan Kweller

Critics, including members of mainstream media, are deriding the move as an attempt to establish "state media."

 

US President Donald Trump boards Air Force One on September 16, 2026 at Joint Base Andrews, Maryland.
US President Donald Trump boards Air Force One on September 16, 2026 at Joint Base Andrews, Maryland.
(photo credit: Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images)

 

The White House launched a live broadcast platform on YouTube called TRUMP TV: The Essentials Station at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, following US President Donald Trump's decision to ban a number of mainstream news organizations from the White House press pool.

The livestream, which launched with a recording of America's 250th anniversary speech by Trump at Mount Rushmore, has been derided by critics, including members of mainstream media, as an attempt to establish "state media."

Trump framed the platform, which was launched after TV networks boycotted the administration following his ban, as a way to bypass "fake news" media outlets and communicate directly with the American public.

he White House issued a statement on Monday defending Trump’s decision to ban CNN, Politico, and MS NOW from White House grounds. The statement argued that while the First Amendment protects the media's right to publish, it "does not grant them a right to a permanent press pass, a seat in the briefing room, or a spot in the press pool."

The White House asserted that restricting press access is not a new precedent, citing a series of instances from the Obama and Biden administrations where, it claimed, news outlets and journalists faced similar restrictions or bans from coverage.

 

First Amendment lawsuit filed against White House

"No president is required to host a hostile outlet on White House grounds," the statement concluded. "Access has always been a privilege, and President Trump is enforcing that rule."

In a post on Truth Social, Trump wrote: "As expected, Fake News CNN, Politico (who should give back the $8 million grant given by the US Government to keep them afloat!), and MS NOW (formerly MSDNC!), have filed a lawsuit to get access to the White House - and to your President, ME!"

"They got a great judge for themselves, a man who previously ruled in favor of Jim Acosta, who now seems to have vanished from the face of the earth," Trump continued. "The judge’s name is Tim Kelly, and unfortunately, he was appointed by 'Trump.'"

Trump went on to attack the press: "In other words, almost certainly, and as usual, we will appeal, because Fake News media figures and publications - who write only negative things and damage our national security by publishing false and defamatory stories based on unknown 'sources' - should not be given access to the most important office in the world."

"It's called the Oval Office, and it must be treated with politeness, respect, and dignity - not desecrated by third-rate clowns who intentionally distort, twist, and demean everything they write or publish," the president wrote. "Almost every story about me, or anything related to me, is negative, wrong, and in many cases, dangerous for our country! No matter how great my achievements are, they minimize and dismiss them."

Streaming 24/7.

Live at 7PM. 👀📺 pic.twitter.com/ax9obEH4sf

— The White House (@WhiteHouse) September 21, 2026

"With such corrupt and crooked press, how did I win by such a landslide? Because the media has zero credibility, and that is a very bad thing for our country!" Trump taunted. "Why should I give 'access' to people like this? Maybe Judge Kelly can explain that!"

'Fake News is a threat to democracy'

"In any case, it is my duty to fight for the success and security of our country. Fake News is a threat to democracy, and I will do whatever it takes to ensure the United States thrives," he concluded.

During a joint press conference with the president, New York City Mayor Zohran Mamdani addressed the ban on these outlets: "Yes, I told the President that we will host an event right here on the lawn with all members of the press, and that's something I believe in. As far as I'm concerned, everyone should be here - regardless of their stance or their criticism of us."

At the same press conference, Trump continued his attack: "It's interesting, because they said they were going to boycott me, but they never actually boycott me, so I wasn't particularly worried about it. Look at all this media."

The president added: "No, I'm only doing this because I think the media also has a responsibility. And you know, I won in a landslide. I won the election in a landslide. I've done great things. I've done many great things. I settled eight wars."

Finally, Trump said, "I think these media outlets have a duty to be fair. And if they are fake news, I truly believe I have a responsibility not to allow them into another very special house." 


Jonah Davidov, Idan Kweller

Source: https://www.jpost.com/american-politics/article-909222

Follow Middle East and Terrorism on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment