Monday, April 1, 2024

Oklahoma City’s Imam Imad Enchassi: Snowflake - Noor al-Amriki

 

​ by Noor al-Amriki

The high price of ignoring the facts about Islam.

 


[Pre-order a copy of David Horowitz’s next book, America Betrayed, by clicking here. Orders will begin shipping on May 7th.]

Imad Enchassi, senior imam at the Islamic Society of Greater Oklahoma City (ISGOC), is an odd fellow. Born in Lebanon to so-called “Palestinian” Muslim parents, he was a friend of mine when I was a Muslim. He was kind to me as a Muslim, once paying my meal ticket at the Furr’s restaurant he was the manager of at the time.

I never figured that Imad would lead the very mosque I was a part of. When I converted to Islam in February 2001, Suhaib Webb, a white, Oklahoma-born convert, was the head of the mosque. Enchassi was just one of the many attendees of the Islamic Society of Greater Oklahoma City. But Imam Webb would the very next year leave the ISGOC to study at al-Azhar University in Egypt, leaving a void in the mosque’s leadership. For a while, several different people would fill in to lead prayers and give the Friday Jummah khutbah (sermon). Eventually, it was decided that Imad Enchassi would be the new imam. I would leave Islam not too long after that.

Since leaving Islam, I have taken issue with the horrible teachings of that religion and challenged those who defend it. I was even a confidential informant for law enforcement in the mosque for a time, until the feds decided that white supremacists were a greater threat to the country, a claim that is constantly parroted by the Left with no evidence whatsoever.

I had noticed a couple of notable things about Enchassi even before I left Islam. Once, during a sermon, he claimed that the Israelis were trying to collapse al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem by digging tunnels underneath it. He made this claim without providing any evidence, and the attendees never objected. He also would loudly say “Ameen!” (Arabic for amen) whenever any person made dua (supplication) for the mujahideen (holy warriors) in Palestine.

Fast forward to 21 years later. I found that Enchassi has a Facebook page. Unsurprisingly, it is full of anti-Israel nonsense about the poor “Palestinians.” I decided to challenge his comments. When he posted about Israeli war crimes, I would ask what evidence of war crimes did he have. When he said that 30,000 Palestinians were dead, I informed him these figures come from Hamas, not from unbiased third parties. When he claimed that mosques were destroyed, I told him that only those calling for jihad against Israel or that were being used militarily by jihadists had been destroyed.

I was very shocked to be notified that Enchassi had messaged me in private. I decided to see what he wanted. He said condescendingly that he prayed that one day Allah would guide me to the truth, and asked what had happened to me. I explained that I had learned what Islam truly teaches, and therefore I wanted no part of it.

My comments on Enchassi’s posts began to disappear, so I chastised him for being so weak that he couldn’t stand a differing opinion. He said that my posts were hateful, and that he didn’t want people posting hate against me on the page. I found it odd that he didn’t seem to realize that Islam itself teaches Muslims to behave this way, as Muhammad had people who made fun of him killed.

What were these posts that he claimed were so hateful? I will provide a couple of examples. The first was in response to a claim he made about why it was controversial to call for Palestinian children not to be killed. I responded why he didn’t take issue with Muslims killing Jewish children in the October 7th attacks, or in the numerous suicide bombings committed by Muslims in Israel, and why did he not condemn Hamas for dressing their children up as suicide bombers? Apparently that was hate speech. Killing Jewish children is perfectly fine, but Muslim children, well, we can’t have that. Golda Meir was on point when she stated, “Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us.” Anyone who teaches his or her children that being a martyr in a suicide bombing is a great thing to do does not love those children, and has no right to cry crocodile tears when they are collateral damage in a war started by Hamas. Do they not think of these children as martyrs, and shouldn’t they therefore be proud they were martyrs?

Another so-called hate comment from me was in response to the tired old claim, parroted by Enchassi and other Muslims, that the Israelis were committing ethnic cleansing. I replied that if Israel, being the stronger of the two foes, truly wanted to ethnically cleanse or commit genocide, the war would have ended on October 8th, because Israel has nuclear weapons. Again, the comment disappeared. I confronted Enchassi again, and he stated he was willing to engage in a civil dialogue, but not with hate speech. I told him that it seemed to me that by civil conversation he meant with someone who agreed with ideologically and that anyone who challenged him he would try to silence. Not long after, he blocked me on Facebook.

Facts are the enemy of Islam. That is why many of those Muslims who do choose to read the facts and Islamic sources ultimately leave the religion. But people such as Imad Enchassi are proof that even the hot Middle East produces snowflakes.


Noor al-Amriki 

Source: https://www.frontpagemag.com/oklahoma-citys-imam-imad-enchassi-snowflake/

Follow Middle East and Terrorism on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment