Thursday, July 13, 2017

Proven: PA payments motivate terrorism - Bentzy Fox




by Bentzy Fox

'I decided to commit murder - and then my family will get money and will live comfortably.'



Terrorist shooting gun
Terrorist shooting gun
Thinkstock
Palestinian terrorist Khaled Rajoub admitted under interrogation that his primary motivation to attempt a terror attack was to get his family compensation from the Palestinian Authority (PA).

The PA awards thousands of dollars monthly to a killed terrorist’s family, in accordance with the effectiveness of the attack and size of his family. Had he been killed, he would have secured his family a lifetime PA allowance.

According to the Palestinian Media Watch (PMW), the exact amount of compensation would come out to 2,800 NIS/month ($800): 1,400 NIS base pay, 400 NIS for his wife, and 200 NIS for each of his 5 children. While the PA’s payments to terrorists is well known, the direct correlation between the payments and the motivation for terror attacks has not been proven outright, prior to the terrorist’s admission.

Israel released segments of the police interrogation of Khaled Rajoub:

Rajoub: "I've accumulated large debts... if my son wants a shekel, I have nothing to give him... I decided to do something serious, such as committing murder, something in which I will both kill and die, and then my family will get money and will live comfortably... If I'm not able to kill soldiers, I'll try settlers, guards - in other words any Israeli target - the important thing is that I will die and they will kill me, so that my children will receive a [PA] allowance and live happily"
PA payments to terror families account for a whopping 8% of the entire PA budget. The EU, America, and some other Arab states provide hundreds of millions of dollars every year in foreign aid due to the PA’s economic woes. The US senate is currently debating halting all funding until these payments stop under an initiative called the Taylor Force act. This initiative is named after U.S. citizen Taylor Force, who was killed on the March 9, 2015 terror attack in Jaffa, Israel.

For more information about the police interrogation of Rajoub, click here.


Bentzy Fox

Source: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/232410

Follow Middle East and Terrorism on Twitter

Copyright - Original materials copyright (c) by the authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment