Saturday, November 12, 2022

Detransitioned teen wants to hold 'gender-affirming' surgeons accountable: 'What happened to me is horrible' - Ashley Carnahan

 

by Ashley Carnahan

Chloe Cole underwent a double mastectomy at 15 and still suffers from health complications

Teenager Chloe Cole started on puberty blockers and testosterone at 13, underwent a double mastectomy at 15 and detransitioned from male to female at 16.  

Cole said Thursday on "Tucker Carlson Tonight" that doctors pushed transitioning as the way to treat her gender dysphoria. 

She was 12 when she told her parents she was "distressed" with her gender and wanted to transition from female to male. 

"They were concerned, and they wanted what was best for me, but they weren’t really sure what to do with me, so they sought professional help, and from then on, I was basically referred [to] in my gender identity without any questioning from any medical professionals, and they pushed transitioning as the way to treat gender dysphoria," she said. 

Chloe Cole underwent a double mastectomy at 15 to treat her gender dysphoria.

Chloe Cole underwent a double mastectomy at 15 to treat her gender dysphoria.  ((Screenbrab/TuckerCarlsonTonight))

Cole told host Tucker Carlson she is "devastated" at the loss of her breasts and has trouble coping. 

"As an adult, I will never be able to breast-feed whatever children I will have. I don’t even know if, because I was put on puberty blockers and testosterone at only 13 years old, I don’t know if I’ll be able to conceive a child naturally," she said. "I made an adult decision as a child."

JUDGE BLOCKS BIDEN ADMIN'S TRANSGENDER SCHOOL BATHROOM RULE, ATHLETES

The teenager said she is suing the doctors who performed the "gender-affirming" surgery because she wants to end the practice. "I want to hold the adults that put me in harm’s way accountable because what happened to me is horrible, but it also didn’t only happen to me, that’s the worst part. It’s happening to children all over the U.S., all over the West, and it’s spreading all over the world," she said. 

Cole transitioned from female to male for roughly four years

Cole transitioned from female to male for roughly four years (iStock)

"I want to be able to create a precedent for other people who have been in my situation to find justice themselves."

Attorney Harmeet Dhillon outlined the case against the doctors, telling host Tucker Carlson they are bringing forth a medical malpractice suit. Cole is being represented by non-profit organization the Center for American Liberty. 

"Our website at libertycenter.org has the letter, a very detailed letter that details all of the medical symptoms that Chloe has and the medical malpractice. And frankly, the mutilation that was perpetrated by these medical professionals," Dhillon said. 

The Center for American Liberty is representing Chloe Cole and is bringing forth a medical practice suit.

The Center for American Liberty is representing Chloe Cole and is bringing forth a medical practice suit.  ((Credit: iStock))

Cole's attorney said they plan on putting and end to the practice and want other people who have had complications from the surgeries to come forward as well. 

"We intend to shut down these barbaric and unnatural practices down."


Ashley Carnahan is a production assistant at Fox News Digital.

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/media/detransitioned-teen-hold-gender-affirming-surgeons-accountable

Follow Middle East and Terrorism on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment