by Dan Calic
Facts speak for themselves: Arabs don't accept vision of two sovereign states
Twenty five years after the British gave away 76% of the land they promised as a homeland for the Jewish people the United Nations voted to partition the remaining 24% into two states, one Arab, one Jewish. This gave the Jews a mere 12% of what they were originally promised. Nevertheless, the Jews said "yes" to the deal.
The Arab answer was an ominous "no." One day after
Yet here we are more than 60 years later and we are led to believe the answer to the conflict is another two-state "solution," albeit with the land sacrifices coming from only one side -
And what are the Arabs offering? In a word, nothing. Unless you consider their vague promises and poor track record on curbing terror as enough.
The repeated Arab failure to live up to promises of curbing terror forced
Does Hamas support a two-state solution? Group leader Khaled Mashaal said "has not and will not recognize
So who supports a two-state solution?
In spite of undeniable evidence to the contrary, the prevailing opinion of President Obama and most western leaders is that Abbas supports a two-state solution. But is this really the case?
Abbas creating new rules
The facts speak for themselves: He is on record denying any Jewish connection to
His precise quote when asked if he would accept
He attends mosques where vitriolic sermons are spoken, blaming the Jews for all the Muslim's problems, suggesting the only course of action is "jihad" against the "Zionist entity." He routinely attends events where the map of
His continued demand the so-called "refugees" be allowed to flood into
Former Israeli PM Ehud Barack was willing to give up over 90% of Judea/Samaria and divide
The Arab answer? "No."
Under PM Ehud Olmert,
While Presidents Bush, Obama and many other world leaders have endorsed a two-state solution, what these same leaders don't appear to understand is that key Arab players don't. Some believe Abbas might accept a two-state solution, but only as a first step toward the ultimate elimination of
Lest we forget a key reason why Hamas and Fatah have been at odds with each other, and what motivated Hamas to violently take over
The only two-state "solution" the Muslims may truly endorse is one state controlled by Fatah and the other by Hamas…once
Copyright - Original materials copyright (c) by the authors.