Thursday, January 8, 2015

Dani Dayan: World Leaders Backing Off Two State Solution - Yaakov Levi



by Yaakov Levi

“I told him straightforwardly my thoughts on this, and he said that we could 'move on' – that he and other world leaders already understood that the two-state solution was unworkable, and that other solutions would have to be found. He had discussed this 'corpse,' as he put it, with other world leaders, and he agreed completely,” Dayan added.
Danny Dayan
Danny Dayan
Flash 90
 
As foreign envoy for the Judea and Samaria Council, Dani Dayan, who is running for a spot on the Jewish Home list for the Knesset, has traveled a great deal, presenting the case for Israel's presence in Judea and Samaria. He has met many leaders – and the impression he gets, he told Arutz Sheva in an interview, is that the concept of the “two-state solution” is fading in the minds of many world leaders.

“Over the years I have visited many parliaments and spoken to many world leaders,” said Dayan. “Several days ago, I met with the Foreign Minister of Serbia, who was formerly the head of the UN General Assembly. He had read some things I wrote and was, I was told, enthusiastic about speaking to me.

“We had an interesting meeting,” said Dayan. “I presented my views on Jewish settlement in Judea and Samaria, and I found him to be very attentive and interested in what I had to say, perhaps more than many others. We found numerous parallels between the situation in Judea and Samaria and the issues in Kosovo" - Serbia's capital.

“I told him about the historic connection between the Jewish people and Judea and Samaria, and other facts he had been unaware of, and discussed the security tragedy that would occur if Israel were to leave the region - not only for Israel, but for Jordan and other stable countries in the region.”

From the Foreign Minister's reaction, Dayan understood what he has gathered from other such meetings: The more one looks at the facts, the less sense the two-state solution makes.

In fact, he said, “I told him straightforwardly my thoughts on this, and he said that we could 'move on' – that he and other world leaders already understood that the two-state solution was unworkable, and that other solutions would have to be found. He had discussed this 'corpse,' as he put it, with other world leaders, and he agreed completely,” Dayan added.

“One thing I can say for myself is that I can take a little bit of credit for this,” Dayan added. “There are now 400,000 Jews living in Judea and Samaria, 35% more than when I began presiding over the Council. That should get me some credit in Heaven when I get there after 120 years.”


Yaakov Levi

Source: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/189663#.VK6d93uzchQ

Copyright - Original materials copyright (c) by the authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment