Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Obama's pledge to take in refugees stands despite German terror attacks - Rick Moran




by Rick Moran

--the process of screening refugees from the Middle East has been cut from 18-24 months to less than 3 months in order for the president to reach his goal of 10,000 refugees admitted by the end of the fiscal year in September


President Obama's decision to increase the number of Syrian refugees the U.S. will take in this year is unaffected by the terror attacks in Germany carried out by three refugees, the White House says.

Washington Examiner:
The 10,000 Syrian refugees the president wants to admit by October are subjected to more thorough screening and vetting than anyone trying to enter the United States, White House spokesman Josh Earnest stressed Monday.
"That's why the president has confidence ramping up the number of refugees admitted to the United States," Earnest told reporters during his daily briefing. "Obviously, almost all of them are innocent people fleeing violence in their own countries — some of them are innocents fleeing genocide.
"The president feels like the U.S. has a responsibility to do our part to try to provide relief for people fleeing that type of violence," he said.
Stressing that Obama's top priority is the safety and the security of the American people, Earnest said the screening process for Syrian refugees involves running their names through a wide variety of U.S. and international law enforcement, military and intelligence agency databases.
"So I can understand why people are concerned about our national security — the president is concerned about our national security ... That is why he has ensured that refugees admitted to the United States are subjected to all the screening," he said.
The total number of Syrian refugees admitted to the United States this fiscal year has risen to roughly 6,700, according to several reports that cite the State Department.
After a slow start, the State Department hired more employees to provide screenings, and began admitting refugees at a more rapid clip this summer.
German authorities have said two Syrian refugees and one Afghan refugee are responsible for three attacks over the last week.
The screening process is far from foolproof, and Earnest is being disingenuous at best in claiming that it is adequate.  In fact, the process of screening refugees from the Middle East has been cut from 18-24 months to less than 3 months in order for the president to reach his goal of 10,000 refugees admitted by the end of the fiscal year in September.

Germany is now paying the price for its foolhardy refugee policies.  The truth is, they don't know how many jihadists hitched a ride on the refugee wave or how many terrorists they missed. 

There is no way to adequately vet a refugee in less than three months.  Rushing them here to meet an artificial timetable set for political reasons is hardly taking national security seriously.


Rick Moran

Source: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/07/obamas_pledge_to_take_in_refugees_stands_despite_german_terror_attacks.html

Follow Middle East and Terrorism on Twitter

Copyright - Original materials copyright (c) by the authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget